Escaped youth tracked by Eagle helicopter, found hiding in New Brighton
The young person who escaped from a youth justice facility in Rolleston has been located...
Fire crews have returned to Christchurch Adventure Park after a forestry slash pile that burned earlier this week began smouldering again on Friday morning.
A Fire and Emergency shift manager told chrislynchmedia.com it was a flare up at the same forestry skid site where crews contained a fire on Monday.
One fire truck was sent to the site, with a tanker also dispatched while crews assessed whether further assistance was required.
Christchurch Adventure Park chief executive Paul Milligan said staff had maintained a vigilant watch over the pile since the earlier fire.
“The smoke is barely visible. I don’t think you can see it from town, but we’re taking every precaution,” Milligan said.
He said staff spotted the smoke quickly and immediately alerted Fenz so crews could investigate.
Park operations were temporarily paused while Fire and Emergency assessed the site.
Milligan said no damage had been reported and the park was expected to reopen within about an hour, subject to advice from crews.
He described the incident as a one off issue involving forestry slash, separate from the wider wildfire risk facing Banks Peninsula over the coming summer.
Milligan said discussions were continuing about how that broader risk could be managed.


