Man suffers smoke inhalation after house fire

Chris Lynch
Chris Lynch
Dec 22, 2022 |

A man has suffered smoke inhalation following a house fire in Christchurch.

Fire and Emergency crews were called to Pembroke Street in Avondale just before 6AM.

Four appliances were at the scene.

Large plumes of smoke could be seen coming from the rear of the house.

A man was being treated for smoke inhalation by Fire and Emergency firefighters.

The street has been blocked off.

Fire Safety officers have been called to the scene.

St John ambulance has also been called to the blaze.

Chris Lynch
Chris Lynch

Chris Lynch is a journalist, videographer and content producer, broadcasting from his independent news and production company in Christchurch, New Zealand. If you have a news tip or are interested in video content, email [email protected]

Have you got a news tip? Get in touch here

got a news tip?